Give Your Family Healthier Smiles
At Lakewood Dental, you can give your family healthy smiles with regular dental exams and cleanings at our Batesville office. Your whole family will feel comfortable with general dentistry services for patients of all ages.
What to Expect at Your Regular Check-Ups
Regular dental exams and cleaning visits are essential in preventing dental problems and maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. At these visits, we'll clean your teeth and check for cavities. You can also expect the following:
- A medical history review: Knowing the status of current medical conditions, new medications, and illnesses gives us insight into your overall and dental health.
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): These are essential for detecting decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We'll check all tooth surfaces for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque left on the tooth for some time and firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Removes stains and plaque that stick around during toothbrushing and scaling.
- Oral hygiene recommendations: Review and recommend oral hygiene aids as needed (electric dental toothbrushes, special cleaning aids, fluorides, rinses, etc.).
- Review dietary habits: Your eating habits are essential to your dental health.
As you can see, a good dental exam and cleaning involve much more than just checking for cavities and polishing your teeth. At Lakewood Dental, we're committed to providing you with the best possible care at your regular check-ups and cleanings.
Discover Your Best Smile
Healthy smiles start from the moment the first tooth erupts and lasts for life. At Lakewood Dental, you'll get expert care for your family's smiles at every age and every stage. Contact our Batesville office to schedule your first visit and give your family a lifetime of healthy teeth and shining smiles.