Batesville General Dentistry
Creating Smiles for Life
At Lakewood Dental, you’ll find a full range of general and family dentistry services to meet your family’s needs for oral care. You‘ll enjoy high-quality general dentistry services in a family-friendly environment that makes you feel right at home.
What Is Family Dentistry?
At Lakewood Dental, we believe a preventative approach is the best way to give you a healthy smile for life. This cooperative effort by you, Dr. Thompson, and the Lakewood Dental team will preserve your oral health by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
Preventing dental disease starts at home with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It’s continued in our Batesville dental office as we work to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health.
Prevention also includes regular dental exams, cleanings, and X-rays. Sealants and fluoride are also great preventive treatments that help protect your teeth. Maintaining regular dental visits helps avoid serious and costly oral problems and is the key to having a healthy, confident, beautiful smile.
Batesville Family Dentistry Services
- Dental exams & cleanings
- 3D imaging
- Digital radiographs
- Digital X-rays
- Dental X-rays
- Panoramic X-rays
- Cephalometric X-rays
- Fluoride treatment
- Oral cancer exams
- Oral hygiene aids
- Tooth extractions
Dental Exams & Cleanings
Regular dental exams and cleaning visits are essential in preventing dental problems and maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. At these visits, we'll clean your teeth and check for cavities. You can also expect the following:
- A medical history review: Knowing the status of current medical conditions, new medications, and illnesses gives us insight into your overall and dental health.
- Examination of diagnostic X-Rays (radiographs): These are essential for detecting decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We'll check all tooth surfaces for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque left on the tooth for some time and firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Removes stains and plaque that is not otherwise removed during toothbrushing and scaling.
- Oral hygiene recommendations: Review and recommend oral hygiene aids as needed (electric dental toothbrushes, special cleaning aids, fluorides, rinses, etc.).
- Review dietary habits: Your eating habits are essential to your dental health.
As you can see, a good dental exam and cleaning involve much more than just checking for cavities and polishing your teeth. At Lakewood Dental, we’re committed to providing you with the best possible care, which will require regular check-ups and cleanings.
Dental X-rays include traditional (film) and digital X-rays, which use a computer to produce digital radiographs. At Lakewood Dental, Dr. Thompson, Dr. Amann, and our expert team use dental X-rays to detect:
- Bone loss
- Impacted – or unerupted – teeth
- Abscessed teeth
- Tooth decay
- Some types of tumors
Besides digital X-rays, we also use the following types of imaging technology to get a more comprehensive view of your dental health:
- Panoramic X-Ray: This type of X-ray produces an ear-to-ear, two-dimensional image of your upper and lower jaw. This allows Dr. Thompson and Dr. Amann to see where your wisdom teeth are and if dental implants will affect your mandibular nerve, which runs between your jaw and teeth toward your lower lip.
- 3-D imaging: This technology allows Dr. Thompson and Dr. Amann to view your mouth from various angles to better inspect root positions, canals, and other bone structures. This helps our Lakewood Dental team to diagnose dental problems better — including root fractures — and save you from further complications and even exploratory surgery.
At Lakewood Dental, we're all about taking a proactive approach to dental care, which is why Dr. Thompson, Dr. Amann, and our expert team use fluoride treatments to prevent dental diseases and conditions from taking hold or coming back.
Fluoride treatment involves the application of a fluoride-rich solution to strengthen your tooth enamel. Think of it as an invisible shield, fortifying your teeth against the lurking dangers of decay.
Our skilled experts gently administer this painless treatment, ensuring your comfort throughout the process.
By receiving regular treatments, you actively ward off the onset and progression of dental issues, such as cavities and tooth sensitivity.
This preventive measure enhances the durability of your tooth enamel, making it more resistant to acid attacks from plaque and bacteria.
With a stronger defense system in place, you'll enjoy improved oral health, fewer dental woes, and, ultimately, a beaming smile you can proudly show off.
Sealants are thin, durable coatings that act as a force field for your molars, defending them against the threat of cavities. Dr. Thompson and Dr. Amann apply these thin, durable coatings to the chewing surfaces of your back teeth, sealing off those hard-to-reach nooks and crannies where bacteria love to camp out.
The procedure is a quick and painless solution to maintaining a healthy smile and enjoying the peace of mind that comes with fortified teeth and fewer dental issues.
Whether due to decay, damage, or overcrowding, removing a tooth sometimes becomes necessary to protect your oral health and prevent further complications.
At Lakewood Dental, we know the thought of a tooth extraction can be a little intimidating, but Dr. Thompson, Dr. Amann, and our compassionate team makes sure that we keep your overall tooth extraction experience as comfortable and stress-free as we possibly can.
We use advanced techniques and gentle anesthesia to minimize your discomfort, and we’ll guide you through the entire process, addressing your concerns every step of the way. Our caring Batesville dental team will also give you detailed aftercare instructions to ensure a smooth, speedy recovery — and a healthy, beautiful smile.
We inject microdosages into areas of the face and lips to smooth wrinkles. It lasts for 3-4 months. There is no magic age for facial injectables treatment, but the average age is early 30s, although we have treated patients as young as 18 and as old as 85.
Juvederm Facial & Lip Filler
Juvederm is Hyaluronic acid dermal filler that we use to enhance the lips and reduce wrinkles around the lips, the nasolabial facial lines as well as other areas in and around the mouth.
V Soft Mini Smoothing Threads
Mini smoothing threads PDO threads, a suture material that has been used in surgery for years. It is a hair-like thread that is inserted into the epidermis, engages into the skin, and causes the skin to produce collagen. It can smooth and tighten areas around the neck, mouth, and face, to improve sagginess and wrinkles.
At Lakewood Dental, we keep your teeth healthy but also look out for your overall well-being. That's why we emphasize oral cancer exams—a vital part of your routine dental check-ups.
Oral cancer can be a serious concern, but early detection is key to successful treatment. Led by the experienced Dr. Thompson, Dr. Amann, and our caring team, we perform thorough oral cancer exams to ensure your dental health remains in top shape.
During your check-up, we'll conduct a comprehensive assessment to examine your mouth, tongue, throat, and surrounding tissues for any signs or symptoms — such as unusual growths, sores, or changes in your oral tissues — that could indicate potential issues.